Wednesday 14 November 2012

YOU KNOW YOU DO THIS AS WELL. WE'RE NOT PERFECT


I was talking to a friend today who is also a listener to my podcast and we were discussing what I was hoping to achieve with my podcasts etc. My goal is to help people avoid some of the bigger mistakes in life. Will I be able to help you avoid all mistakes? No. That would be impossible and regardless of how effective I may be at delivering my message, how aware I may make you of information and inspire you to do something about your life, I could never get you to avoid all the problems.
Problems and mistakes are a natural part of life, and through them you learn many things. What I'm hoping to help you avoid are the bigger, more painful and destructive mistakes you could potentially make. Things like picking a partner that doesn't fit into your life plan and isn't a match for you; picking a career that gives you little satisfaction or remuneration; a body that is unhealthy, unfit and inflexible; a financial plan that doesn't protect you or the people you love.
Avoiding some of these disastrous choices for myself and others would be of prime concern to me. I would rather avoid making these again myself and am actively doing what I can to choose better. Through my choosing better, I can help others choose better.
What sort of mistakes would I like you to make and learn from? There are many. As I make you aware of things, you may store them away for when they are a part of your life. As you go along you will encounter situations and make a poor choice, but due to the awareness I have given you, you could then choose better, correct the situation and move in a better direction in a very short period of time.
A perfect example could be that you have finally found a partner who is a good match for you. You have been together for six months and you don't communicate something effectively one day. An argument ensues and you find that you have two choices. You can listen to the part of your brain that wants to argue about how you are right and they are wrong or you can recall something I mentioned about resolving arguments and even though it is awkward and takes some time, you persist until finally you sort it out and get the relationship back on an even keel.
This is what I'm talking about. I can't help you avoid the argument, but I can help you get it back to normal as quick as you are able. That is my goal. Make the mistakes, but correct them before they drag you to your knees. Enjoy the journey, minimise the bumps and maximise the good stuff.
Enjoy.
Wayne Brown is a facilitator and promoter for life change. Contact him at
or listen to his podcasts at www.the7bigquestions.podomatic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment