Thursday 8 November 2012

MY INTERVIEW WITH MY MENTOR


Two days ago, I was interviewed by the man who was responsible for my dream finally getting underway.
For ten years I have had this dream simmering in me. Five years ago it started to burned and I decided to write a book and put down all my thoughts, experiences, lessons and wisdom that I had managed to create, collect and try to implement in my life. It was going to be more of a rambling of my life really. Then I decided to get serious and made moves to take control of my life. I ended my second marriage, moved out of the house into my own accommodation and started to do what I call an ‘introspective retrospective’.
For the next six to eighteen months I asked myself some serious questions, looked at where I had made poor choices, ignorant choices, naive choices, and sometimes downright stupid choices. Once I had this information, I pondered the choices I should have made and realised they fell into 7 categories. From these categories I developed what I now call The 7 Big Questions. Once I had these, I created my answers to them. I then started applying them to my life. Within the year my life had done a 180o turn around. Now it’s better then I could have imagined and getting better.
The big turn around for my dream was back in August 2011. I was with my new lady in Sydney, Australia for a seminar. On the second day, a guy by the name of Sam Crowley comes on stage and starts talking about podcasts. I’d heard about them but didn’t fully understand that the common man could make them. Once Sam started explaining all of this, I leant over to my lady and said, very excitedly, ‘this is it, this is what I’ve been looking for!’ I signed on with Sam to learn how to do it.
For the next nine months I listened to Sam’s webinars and read all I could find on podcasts. I was doing paralysis by analysis. Then when I was listening to the webinars for the fourth time, two phrases of Sam’s jumped out at me. “You miss 100% of the shots you never take” and “Don’t get your podcast perfect, just get it out there”. I suddenly realised I had been scared to put it out there in case it was crappy and I was judged. Silly thought.
Within four days, I had 5 podcasts recorded and on-line. Soon I had people in eight different countries listening to me and with the number growing it’s very exciting, especially when I get feed back.
As part of his package, Sam had agreed to interview me on his podcast, so I have done that now and it was a wonderful 20 minute chat that I enjoyed very much. Check it out on PodOmatic. Just type in Sam Crowley or Every Day Is Saturday and listen in.
It’s amazing how much your life can change when you stop blaming others, make some better decisions and keep moving one foot in front of the other. It’s just moving to the horizon so you can see further each time.
I know I am and it’s very exciting.
I look forward to having you on my journey with me.


Wayne Brown is a facilitator and promoter for life change. Contact him at
or listen to his podcasts at www.the7bigquestions.podomatic.com


No comments:

Post a Comment