Monday 24 September 2012


LAYING A PATH FOR OUR JOURNEY
I was talking on the phone to a friend the other day and we were discussing our relative journeys and what an impact your mental attitude has toward your destination and result. As usual it was a refreshing and enjoyable conversation. While we were talking I was catching him up on my podcast and I had a sudden realisation that I had to share with him and I will now share with you.
Every time you read a book, attend a seminar, or listen to a recording the presenter will say 'I was once where you are, I'm here now, this is how I did it.' It made me realise a few flaws that most of these products have and that is they are always created retrospectively. To explain, if someone has lost a lot of weight, what do they normally do? They write a book. If you need to lose weight, what do you do? You read their book and you'll lose weight doing what they did. Easy, right?
No. The problem is that you will stumble, have challenges, be tempted to fall off the wagon and so on. What you need at this time is a reference that you can turn to, to explain how to overcome these challenges. If the person who has lost the weight had kept a daily diary, that you could read that explained how they overcame the challenge in real-time that would help you more often than not.
Well, I realised that this is what I am doing. I have only started turning my life around three years ago. I still have a way to go, but I am getting it under control and I am keeping a record of my journey in real time. This way you can look back on my journey, where I have recorded my thoughts, feelings, beliefs, challenges, tactics and tools that I've used to keep my momentum.
There are two reasons that I am recording all of my journey in as many formats as possible and that is this.
One; I want you to have a comprehensive record that you can turn to that when you have a challenge that is not just a book, or a CD, but a multi-faceted tool that will give you the greatest chance of success. The more information you have access to and the greater the accessibility, the greater your chance of success.
Two; There is an old tale that has been attributed to Napoleon, Caesar, George Washington and others. I'll use Caesar for this version that goes something like this.
Caesar and his troops had sailed to the enemy shores. The enemy outnumbered them and it was their land. Once the troops were disembarked, Caesar ordered the boats to be burnt. As they stood before the burning ships, Caesar said 'We only have one way way to get home. That is in their boats. If you want to go home, we have to defeat them'. They defeated them and went home in their boats.
I have decided to burn my boats. It has been said that if you make your declaration for success public, you are far more likely to succeed because everyone else is making you accountable. My potential failure is the boat I am burning. The only way I can get home is on the boat of success. Success with my relationship, my career, my money, my health, my mind-set, my children. I want to succeed and I want to guarantee it as much as possible.
Do you fancy burning your boat and maximising your chance of success? Complete the following declaration, copy and paste it into an e-mail and send it to me at the7bigquestions@yahoo.com and we'll encourage each other to succeed, we'll hold each others feet tot he fire and make each other accountable, we'll make sure we succeed. Take a brave step, you know you can do it, come on!
I (your name) of (your address including country) do hereby declare that I will dedicate myself to succeeding in my life, no matter what it takes. I will answer my 7 Big Questions and create a life that enables me to be all I can be so that I may give all that I am to the world. I deserve the abundance that life offers, and will take my share and maximise the time that I have on this earthly plane. This I do declare on this (day) of (month), (year)
Signed (your name)
I really look forward to receiving your e-mail.
Wayne Brown is a facilitator and promoter for life change. Contact him at
or listen to his podcasts at www.the7bigquestions.podomatic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment