Friday 17 August 2012


WHAT'S IN YOU?                                                                        Sat 18/08/2012
It's hard to believe that a whole week has passed and I haven't had time to write a blog, record a podcast or anything but it has been a great week full of learning, revelations, interactions with my past and reinforcement of the foundations of The 7 Big Questions.
On top of my full-time job, I have been refreshing my first aid knowledge. Very important. I actually encourage everyone to at least have a very basic knowledge of first aid. A personal experience from many years ago. In my late teens, I had qualified for my bronze medallion in both public swimming pools and at the beach, as I was a volunteer life saver at the time. I was driving when I was 20 with two young ladies in the car, at night. Suddenly one of the ladies had a massive asthma attack and stopped breathing. I quickly pulled the car over, pulled her out of the car, lay her down and commenced mouth-to-mouth. She stopped breathing six times over the next 20 minutes. Each time I had to revive her again. I had sent the other lass to get an ambulance. It was only later that I pondered what would have happened had I not known how to give first aid. It's funny how a choice we make now can impact not just our lives but someone else's years later. There are now a mother and two daughters walking around on this earth because of a choice I made. Yes, she went on to have twin daughters.
I've also been trying to finalise my previous marriage that was ended by me three years ago and it's still not finished. It was a reminder of how important it is to pick wisely the person you choose to formalise a relationship with. With the amount of divorces that take place in the modern world today, it is said to be more than 2 in 3, it's clear that people don't think very much about this. It is such a major decision and the fact that you 'love each other' is not enough in my book. There are so many facets that need to be looked at and explored before that choice is made to get married. I wish I had chosen better but it's always easy to say that after the fact. The challenge is asking yourself before the fact, and that is only possible through awareness.
I've also been preparing myself for The City to Surf Fun Run in a week. I've prepared a little physically, but most has been mental as I know the ego will be tempted to go for it and I'll either burn out quickly or injure myself. I need to conquer my inner environment to ensure that I start slow and build up speed as I warm up and make sure I don't go above a certain level to make sure that I can finish safely and hopefully better the time I set back in 1983. 1983!!! My God, is it that long ago!!!! I was actually on track 5 years ago to beat it but my feet cramped with a kilometre and a half to go. I'll do it a little more intelligently this time. Get the internals right first and the externals will take care of themselves. I'll let you know how I go.
I've also been creating this next chapter of my life with my lady. It's all very exciting as numerous opportunities present themselves. Actually, they're not presenting themselves, I'm noticing them. Looking back on my life, I realise that I've had many opportunities present themselves, I just haven't noticed or didn't take them. The price I pay for not having awareness. I'm so glad I have it now and can show it to others that are interested. Are you interested? Are you going to find out? What are you going to choose now that will affect your life and the life of others years from now? What are you going to choose?
Wayne Brown is a facilitator and promoter for life change. Contact him at
or listen to his podcasts at www.the7bigquestions.podomatic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment